Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: water canker(0.01101 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to water canker.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: water canker
Canker \Can"ker\ (k[a^][ng]"k[~e]r), n. [OE. canker, cancre, AS.
cancer (akin to D. kanker, OHG chanchar.), fr. L. cancer a
cancer; or if a native word, cf. Gr. ? excrescence on tree, ?
gangrene. Cf. also OF. cancre, F. chancere, fr. L. cancer.
See cancer, and cf. Chancre.]
1. A corroding or sloughing ulcer; esp. a spreading
gangrenous ulcer or collection of ulcers in or about the
mouth; -- called also water canker, canker of the mouth
, and noma.
2. Anything which corrodes, corrupts, or destroy.
The cankers of envy and faction. --Temple.
3. (Hort.) A disease incident to trees, causing the bark to
rot and fall off.
4. (Far.) An obstinate and often incurable disease of a
horse's foot, characterized by separation of the horny
portion and the development of fungoid growths; -- usually
resulting from neglected thrush.
5. A kind of wild, worthless rose; the dog-rose.
To put down Richard, that sweet lovely rose.
And plant this thorm, this canker, Bolingbroke.
Black canker. See under Black.