Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: urging(0.01290 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to urging.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something;
“the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves” [syn: goad,
goading, prod, prodding, spur, spurring]
2: the act of earnestly supporting or encouraging
3: insistent solicitation and entreaty; “his importunity left
me no alternative but to agree” [syn: importunity, urgency]
English → English (gcide)
Urge \Urge\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Urged; p. pr. & vb. n.
Urging.] [L. urgere; akin to E. wreak. See Wreak, v. t.]
1. To press; to push; to drive; to impel; to force onward.
Through the thick deserts headlong urged his flight.
2. To press the mind or will of; to ply with motives,
arguments, persuasion, or importunity.
My brother never
Did urge me in his act; I did inquire it. --Shak.
3. To provoke; to exasperate. [R.]
Urge not my father's anger. --Shak.
4. To press hard upon; to follow closely
Heir urges heir, like wave impelling wave. --Pope.
5. To present in an urgent manner; to press upon attention;
to insist upon; as, to urge an argument; to urge the
necessity of a case.
6. To treat with forcible means; to take severe or violent
measures with; as, to urge an ore with intense heat.
Syn: To animate; incite; impel; instigate; stimulate;