Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: urge(0.01322 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to urge.
English → Indonesian (quick)
dorong, gencet, gubel, keinginan, mendesak, mengasaki
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: force or impel in an indicated direction; “I urged him to
finish his studies” [syn: urge on, press, exhort]
2: push for something; “The travel agent recommended strongly
that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day” [syn: recommend,
3: urge on or encourage especially by shouts; “The crowd
cheered the demonstrating strikers” [syn: cheer, inspire,
barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up]
n 1: an instinctive motive; “profound religious impulses” [syn: impulse]
2: a strong restless desire; “why this urge to travel?” [syn: itch]
English → English (gcide)
Urge \Urge\, v. i.
1. To press onward or forward. [R.]
2. To be pressing in argument; to insist; to persist.
Urge \Urge\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Urged; p. pr. & vb. n.
Urging.] [L. urgere; akin to E. wreak. See Wreak, v. t.]
1. To press; to push; to drive; to impel; to force onward.
Through the thick deserts headlong urged his flight.
2. To press the mind or will of; to ply with motives,
arguments, persuasion, or importunity.
My brother never
Did urge me in his act; I did inquire it. --Shak.
3. To provoke; to exasperate. [R.]
Urge not my father's anger. --Shak.
4. To press hard upon; to follow closely
Heir urges heir, like wave impelling wave. --Pope.
5. To present in an urgent manner; to press upon attention;
to insist upon; as, to urge an argument; to urge the
necessity of a case.
6. To treat with forcible means; to take severe or violent
measures with; as, to urge an ore with intense heat.
Syn: To animate; incite; impel; instigate; stimulate;