Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: undertaking(0.01079 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to undertaking.
English → Indonesian (quick)
antamer, berusaha, melakukan, mengerjakan, menjalankan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted; “he
prepared for great undertakings” [syn: project, task,
2: the trade of a funeral director
English → English (gcide)
Undertake \Un`der*take"\, v. t. [imp. Undertook; p. p.
Undertaken; p. pr. & vb. n. Undertaking.] [Under + take.]
1. To take upon one's self; to engage in; to enter upon; to
take in hand; to begin to perform; to set about; to
To second, or oppose, or undertake
The perilous attempt. --Milton.
2. Specifically, to take upon one's self solemnly or
expressly; to lay one's self under obligation, or to enter
into stipulations, to perform or to execute; to covenant;
I 'll undertake to land them on our coast. --Shak.
3. Hence, to guarantee; to promise; to affirm.
And he was not right fat, I undertake. --Dryden.
And those two counties I will undertake
Your grace shall well and quietly enjoiy. --Shak.
I dare undertake they will not lose their labor.
4. To assume, as a character. [Obs.] --Shak.
5. To engage with; to attack. [Obs.]
It is not fit your lordship should undertake every
companion that you give offense to. --Shak.
6. To have knowledge of; to hear. [Obs.] --Spenser.
7. To take or have the charge of. [Obs.] “Who undertakes you
to your end.” --Shak.
Keep well those that ye undertake. --Chaucer.
Undertaking \Un`der*tak"ing\, n.
1. The act of one who undertakes, or engages in, any project
or business. --Hakluyt.
2. That which is undertaken; any business, work, or project
which a person engages in, or attempts to perform; an
3. Specifically, the business of an undertaker, or the
management of funerals.
4. A promise or pledge; a guarantee. --A. Trollope.