Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: tun-shell (0.00724 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to tun-shell.
English → English
, n. [AS. tunne. See Ton
1. A large cask; an oblong vessel bulging in the middle, like
a pipe or puncheon, and girt with hoops; a wine cask.
2. (Brewing) A fermenting vat.
3. A certain measure for liquids, as for wine, equal to two
pipes, four hogsheads, or 252 gallons. In different
countries, the tun differs in quantity.
4. (Com.) A weight of 2,240 pounds. See Ton
5. An indefinite large quantity. --Shak.
A tun of man in thy large bulk is writ. --Dryden.
6. A drunkard; -- so called humorously, or in contempt.
7. (Zo["o]l.) Any shell belonging to Dolium and allied
genera; -- called also tun-shell