Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: tumbler(0.01438 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to tumbler.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a gymnast who performs rolls and somersaults and twists etc.
2: a glass with a flat bottom but no handle or stem; originally
had a round bottom
3: a movable obstruction in a lock that must be adjusted to a
given position (as by a key) before the bolt can be thrown
4: pigeon that executes backward somersaults in flight or on
the ground [syn: roller, tumbler pigeon]
English → English (gcide)
Tumbler \Tum"bler\, n.
1. One who tumbles; one who plays tricks by various motions
of the body; an acrobat.
2. A movable obstruction in a lock, consisting of a lever,
latch, wheel, slide, or the like, which must be adjusted
to a particular position by a key or other means before
the bolt can be thrown in locking or unlocking.
3. (Firearms) A piece attached to, or forming part of, the
hammer of a gunlock, upon which the mainspring acts and in
which are the notches for sear point to enter.
4. A drinking glass, without a foot or stem; -- so called
because originally it had a pointed or convex base, and
could not be set down with any liquor in it, thus
compelling the drinker to finish his measure.
5. (Zo["o]l.) A variety of the domestic pigeon remarkable for
its habit of tumbling, or turning somersaults, during its
6. (Zo["o]l.) A breed of dogs that tumble when pursuing game.
They were formerly used in hunting rabbits.
7. A kind of cart; a tumbrel. [Prov. Eng. & Scot.]