Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: transom window(0.01158 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to transom window.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: transom window
n : a window above a door and hinged to a transom [syn: transom,
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Transom window
Transom \Tran"som\, n. [Probably fr. L. transtrum a crossbeam,
transom, from trans across. Cf. Trestle.]
1. (Arch.) A horizontal crossbar in a window, over a door, or
between a door and a window above it. Transom is the
horizontal, as mullion is the vertical, bar across an
opening. See Illust. of Mullion.
2. (Naut.) One of the principal transverse timbers of the
stern, bolted to the sternpost and giving shape to the
stern structure; -- called also transsummer.
3. (Gun.) The piece of wood or iron connecting the cheeks of
some gun carriages.
4. (Surg.) The vane of a cross-staff. --Chambers.
5. (Railroad) One of the crossbeams connecting the side
frames of a truck with each other.
Transom knees (Shipbuilding), knees bolted to the transoms
and after timbers.
Transom window. (Arch.)
(a) A window divided horizontally by a transom or
(b) A window over a door, with a transom between.