Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: to speak (0.01347 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to to speak.
English → English
Definition: to speak
v. t. [imp. & p. p. Opened
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [AS. openian. See Open
1. To make or set open; to render free of access; to unclose;
to unbar; to unlock; to remove any fastening or covering
from; as, to open a door; to open a box; to open a room;
to open a letter.
And all the windows of my heart
I open to the day. --Whittier.
2. To spread; to expand; as, to open the hand.
3. To disclose; to reveal; to interpret; to explain.
The king opened himself to some of his council, that
he was sorry for the earl's death. --Bacon.
Unto thee have I opened my cause. --Jer. xx. 12.
While he opened to us the Scriptures. --Luke xxiv.
4. To make known; to discover; also, to render available or
accessible for settlements, trade, etc.
The English did adventure far for to open the North
parts of America. --Abp. Abbot.
5. To enter upon; to begin; as, to open a discussion; to open
fire upon an enemy; to open trade, or correspondence; to
open an investigation; to open a case in court, or a
6. To loosen or make less compact; as, to open matted cotton
by separating the fibers.
To open one's mouth
, to speak
To open up
, to lay open; to discover; to disclose.
Poetry that had opened up so many delightful views
into the character and condition of our “bold
peasantry, their country's pride.”