Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: thriftiest(0.01022 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to thriftiest.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: careful and diligent in the use of resources [ant: wasteful]
2: mindful of the future in spending money; “careful with
money” [syn: careful]
[also: thriftiest, thriftier]
See thrifty English → English (gcide)
Thrifty \Thrift"y\ (thr[i^]ft"[y^]), a. [Compar. Thriftier;
1. Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy
and good menegement of property; sparing; frugal.
Her chaffer was so thrifty and so new. --Chaucer.
I am glad he hath so much youth and vigor left, of
which he hath not been thrifty. --Swift.
2. Thriving by industry and frugality; prosperous in the
acquisition of worldly goods; increasing in wealth; as, a
thrifty farmer or mechanic.
3. Growing rapidly or vigorously; thriving; as, a thrifty
plant or colt.
4. Secured by thrift; well husbanded. [R.]
I have five hundred crowns,
The thrifty hire I saved under your father. --Shak.
5. Well appearing; looking or being in good condition;
I sit at home, I have no thrifty cloth. --Chaucer.
Syn: Frugal; sparing; economical; saving; careful.