Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: tenth(0.01024 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to tenth.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a tenth part; one part in ten [syn: one-tenth, tenth part,
2: position ten in a countable series of things
adj : coming next after the ninth and just before the eleventh in
position [syn: 10th]
English → English (gcide)
Tenth \Tenth\, a. [From Ten: cf. OE. tethe, AS. te['o]?a. See
Ten, and cf. Tithe.]
1. Next in order after the ninth; coming after nine others.
2. Constituting or being one of ten equal parts into which
anything is divided.
Tenth \Tenth\, n.
1. The next in order after the ninth; one coming after nine
2. The quotient of a unit divided by ten; one of ten equal
parts into which anything is divided.
3. The tenth part of annual produce, income, increase, or the
like; a tithe. --Shak.
4. (Mus.) The interval between any tone and the tone
represented on the tenth degree of the staff above it, as
between one of the scale and three of the octave above;
the octave of the third.
5. pl. (Eng. Law)
(a) A temporary aid issuing out of personal property, and
granted to the king by Parliament; formerly, the real
tenth part of all the movables belonging to the
(b) (Eccl. Law) The tenth part of the annual profit of
every living in the kingdom, formerly paid to the
pope, but afterward transferred to the crown. It now
forms a part of the fund called Queen Anne's Bounty.