Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: tamper(0.01061 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to tamper.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a tool for tamping (e.g., for tamping tobacco into a pipe
bowl or a charge into a drill hole etc.) [syn: tamp, tamping bar
v 1: play around with or alter or falsify, usually secretively or
dishonestly; “Someone tampered with the documents on my
desk”; “The reporter fiddle with the facts” [syn: fiddle,
2: intrude in other people's affairs or business; interfere
unwantedly; “Don't meddle in my affairs!” [syn: meddle]
English → English (gcide)
Tamper \Tamp"er\, n.
1. One who tamps; specifically, one who prepares for
blasting, by filling the hole in which the charge is
2. An instrument used in tamping; a tamping iron.
Tamper \Tam"per\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Tampered; p. pr. & vb.
n. Tampering.] [A corruption of temper.]
1. To meddle; to be busy; to try little experiments; as, to
tamper with a disease.
'T is dangerous tampering with a muse. --Roscommon.
2. To meddle so as to alter, injure, or vitiate a thing.
3. To deal unfairly; to practice secretly; to use bribery.
For Fleetwood, Desborough, and Lambert. --Hudibras.