Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: tackling(0.01199 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to tackling.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : taking the bull by the horns [syn: braving, confronting,
coping with, grappling]
English → English (gcide)
Tackling \Tac"kling\, n. (Naut.)
1. Furniture of the masts and yards of a vessel, as cordage,
2. Instruments of action; as, fishing tackling. --Walton.
3. The straps and fixures adjusted to an animal, by which he
draws a carriage, or the like; harness.
Tackle \Tac"kle\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Tackled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Tackling.] [Cf. LG. takeln to equip. See Tackle, n.]
1. To supply with tackle. --Beau. & Fl.
2. To fasten or attach, as with a tackle; to harness; as, to
tackle a horse into a coach or wagon. [Colloq.]
3. To seize; to lay hold of; to grapple; as, a wrestler
tackles his antagonist; a dog tackles the game.
The greatest poetess of our day has wasted her time
and strength in tackling windmills under conditions
the most fitted to insure her defeat. --Dublin Univ.
4. (Football) To cause the ball carrier to fall to the
ground, thus ending the forward motion of the ball and the
5. To begin to deal with; as, to tackle the problem.