Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: sympathize(0.00823 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to sympathize.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: share the feelings of; understand the sentiments of [syn: sympathise]
2: be understanding of; “You don't need to explain--I
understand!” [syn: sympathise, empathize, empathise,
3: to feel or express sympathy or compassion [syn: commiserate,
English → English (gcide)
Sympathize \Sym"pa*thize\, v. t.
1. To experience together. [Obs.] “This sympathized . . .
2. To ansew to; to correspond to. [Obs.] --Shak.
Sympathize \Sym"pa*thize\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Sympathized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Sympathizing.] [F. sympathiser. See
1. To have a common feeling, as of bodily pleasure or pain.
The mind will sympathize so much with the anguish
and debility of the body, that it will be too
distracted to fix itself in meditation.
2. To feel in consequence of what another feels; to be
affected by feelings similar to those of another, in
consequence of knowing the person to be thus affected.
Their countrymen . . . sympathized with their heroes
in all their adventures. --Addison.
3. To agree; to be in accord; to harmonize. --Dryden.