Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: swig(0.00967 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to swig.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a large and hurried swallow; “he finished it at a single
gulp” [syn: gulp, draft, draught]
v 1: strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat; “He
slugged me so hard that I passed out” [syn: slug, slog]
2: to swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught; “The men
gulped down their beers” [syn: gulp, quaff]
[also: swigging, swigged]
English → English (gcide)
Swig \Swig\, v. t. [Cf. D. zwelgen to swallow, E. swallow, v.t.]
1. To drink in long draughts; to gulp; as, to swig cider.
2. To suck. [Obs. or Archaic]
The lambkins swig the teat. --Creech.
Swig \Swig\, n.
1. A long draught. [Colloq.] --Marryat.
2. (Naut.) A tackle with ropes which are not parallel.
3. A beverage consisting of warm beer flavored with spices,
lemon, etc. [Prov. Eng.]
Swig \Swig\, v. t. [Cf. Prov. E. swig to leak out, AS.
sw[=i]jian to be silent, sw[=i]can to evade, escape.]
1. To castrate, as a ram, by binding the testicles tightly
with a string, so that they mortify and slough off. [Prov.
2. (Naut.) To pull upon (a tackle) by throwing the weight of
the body upon the fall between the block and a cleat.