Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: swash(0.01665 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to swash.
English → English (WordNet)
n : the movement or sound of water; “the swash of waves on the
v 1: make violent, noisy movements
2: dash a liquid upon or against; “The mother splashed the
baby's face with water” [syn: spatter, splatter, plash,
3: show off [syn: boast, tout, shoot a line, brag, gas,
blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade]
4: act in an arrogant, overly self-assured, or conceited manner
[syn: swagger, bluster]
English → English (gcide)
Swash \Swash\, n. [Cf. Swash, v. i., Squash, v. t.] (Arch.)
An oval figure, whose moldings are oblique to the axis of the
Swash plate (Mach.), a revolving circular plate, set
obliquely on its shaft, and acting as a cam to give a
reciprocating motion to a rod in a direction parallel to
Swash \Swash\, a. [Cf. Swash, v. i., Squash, v. t.]
Soft, like fruit too ripe; swashy. [Prov. Eng.] --Pegge.
Swash \Swash\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Swashed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Swashing.] [Probably of imitative origin; cf. Sw. svasska
to splash, and, for sense 3, Sw. svassa to bully, to
1. To dash or flow noisily, as water; to splash; as, water
swashing on a shallow place.
2. To fall violently or noisily. [Obs.] --Holinshed.
3. To bluster; to make a great noise; to vapor or brag.
Swash \Swash\, n.
1. Impulse of water flowing with violence; a dashing or
splashing of water.
2. A narrow sound or channel of water lying within a sand
bank, or between a sand bank and the shore, or a bar over
which the sea washes.
3. Liquid filth; wash; hog mash. [Obs.]
4. A blustering noise; a swaggering behavior. [Obs.]
5. A swaggering fellow; a swasher.