Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: surrounding(0.01156 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to surrounding.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : closely encircling; “encompassing mountain ranges”; “the
surrounding countryside” [syn: encompassing(a), surrounding(a)]
English → English (gcide)
Surrounding \Sur*round"ing\, a.
Surrounding \Sur*round"ing\, n.
1. An encompassing.
2. pl. The things which surround or environ; external or
attending circumstances or conditions.
Surround \Sur*round"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Surrounded; p. pr.
& vb. n. Surrounding.] [OF. suronder to overflow, LL.
superundare; fr. L. super over + undare to rise in waves,
overflow, fr. unda wave. The English sense is due to the
influence of E. round. See Super-, and Undulate, and cf.
1. To inclose on all sides; to encompass; to environ.
2. To lie or be on all sides of; to encircle; as, a wall
surrounds the city.
But could instead, and ever-during dark
Surrounds me. --Milton.
3. To pass around; to travel about; to circumnavigate; as, to
surround the world. [Obs.] --Fuller.
4. (Mil.) To inclose, as a body of troops, between hostile
forces, so as to cut off means of communication or
retreat; to invest, as a city.
Syn: To encompass; encircle; environ; invest; hem in; fence