Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: surfeit (0.01000 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to surfeit.
English → English
n 1: the state of being more than full [syn: excess
2: the quality of being so overabundant that prices fall [syn:
3: eating until excessively full [syn: repletion
v 1: supply or feed to surfeit [syn: cloy
2: indulge (one's appetite) to satiety
English → English
, v. i.
1. To load the stomach with food, so that sickness or
uneasiness ensues; to eat to excess.
They are as sick that surfeit with too much as they
that starve with nothing. --Shak.
2. To indulge to satiety in any gratification.
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Surfeited
; p. pr. &
vb. n. Surfeiting
1. To feed so as to oppress the stomach and derange the
function of the system; to overfeed, and produce satiety,
sickness, or uneasiness; -- often reflexive; as, to
surfeit one's self with sweets.
2. To fill to satiety and disgust; to cloy; as, he surfeits
us with compliments. --V. Knox.
, n. [OE. surfet, OF. surfait, sorfait,
excess, arrogance, crime, fr. surfaire, sorfaire, to augment,
exaggerate, F. surfaire to overcharge; sur over + faire to
make, do, L. facere. See Sur-
, and Fact
1. Excess in eating and drinking.
Let not Sir Surfeit sit at thy board. --Piers
Now comes the sick hour that his surfeit made.
2. Fullness and oppression of the system, occasioned often by
excessive eating and drinking.
To prevent surfeit and other diseases that are
incident to those that heat their blood by travels.
3. Disgust caused by excess; satiety. --Sir P. Sidney.
Matter and argument have been supplied abundantly,
and even to surfeit. --Burke.