Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: stronghold(0.00976 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to stronghold.
English → English (WordNet)
n : a strongly fortified defensive structure [syn: fastness]
English → English (gcide)
Hold \Hold\ (h[=o]ld), n.
1. The act of holding, as in or with the hands or arms; the
manner of holding, whether firm or loose; seizure; grasp;
clasp; grip; possession; -- often used with the verbs take
Ne have I not twelve pence within mine hold.
Thou should'st lay hold upon him. --B. Jonson.
My soul took hold on thee. --Addison.
Take fast hold of instruction. --Pror. iv.
2. The authority or ground to take or keep; claim.
The law hath yet another hold on you. --Shak.
3. Binding power and influence.
Fear . . . by which God and his laws take the surest
hold of. --Tillotson.
4. Something that may be grasped; means of support.
If a man be upon an high place without rails or good
hold, he is ready to fall. --Bacon.
5. A place of confinement; a prison; confinement; custody;
They . . . put them in hold unto the next day.
--Acts. iv. 3.
King Richard, he is in the mighty hold
Of Bolingbroke. --Shak.
6. A place of security; a fortified place; a fort; a castle;
-- often called a stronghold. --Chaucer.
New comers in an ancient hold --Tennyson.
7. (Mus.) A character [thus ?] placed over or under a note or
rest, and indicating that it is to be prolonged; -- called
also pause, and corona.