Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: stripe(0.00859 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to stripe.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a strip or stripe of a contrasting color or material [syn: band,
2: a piece of braid, usually on the sleeve, indicating military
rank or length of service
3: V-shaped sleeve badge indicating military rank and service;
“they earned their stripes in Kuwait” [syn: chevron, stripes,
4: a kind or category; “businessmen of every stripe joined in
opposition to the proposal”
5: a marking of a different color or texture from the
background [syn: streak]
v : mark with stripes
English → English (gcide)
Stripe \Stripe\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Striped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To make stripes upon; to form with lines of different
colors or textures; to variegate with stripes.
2. To strike; to lash. [R.]
Stripe \Stripe\, n. [OD. strijpe a stripe, streak; akin to LG.
stripe, D. streep, Dan. stribe, G. strief, striefen, MHG.
striefen to glide, march.]
1. A line, or long, narrow division of anything of a
different color or structure from the ground; hence, any
linear variation of color or structure; as, a stripe, or
streak, of red on a green ground; a raised stripe.
2. (Weaving) A pattern produced by arranging the warp threads
in sets of alternating colors, or in sets presenting some
other contrast of appearance.
3. A strip, or long, narrow piece attached to something of a
different color; as, a red or blue stripe sewed upon a
4. A stroke or blow made with a whip, rod, scourge, or the
like, such as usually leaves a mark.
Forty stripes he may give him, and not exceed.
5. A long, narrow discoloration of the skin made by the blow
of a lash, rod, or the like.
Cruelty marked him with inglorious stripes.
6. Color indicating a party or faction; hence, distinguishing
characteristic; sign; likeness; sort; as, persons of the
same political stripe. [Colloq. U.S.]
7. pl. (Mil.) The chevron on the coat of a noncommissioned
Stars and Stripes. See under Star, n.