Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: sociable(0.00934 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to sociable.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: inclined to or conducive to companionship with others; “a
sociable occasion”; “enjoyed a sociable chat”; “a
sociable conversation”; “Americans are sociable and
gregarious” [ant: unsociable]
2: friendly and pleasant; “a sociable gathering”
n : a party of people assembled to promote sociability and
communal activity [syn: social, mixer]
English → English (gcide)
Sociable \So"cia*ble\, n.
1. A gathering of people for social purposes; an informal
party or reception; as, a church sociable. [Colloq. U. S.]
2. A carriage having two double seats facing each other, and
a box for the driver. --Miss Edgeworth.
Sociable \So"cia*ble\, a.[F., fr. L. sociabilis, fr. sociare to
associate, fr. socius a companion. See Social.]
1. Capable of being, or fit to be, united in one body or
company; associable. [R.]
They are sociable parts united into one body.
2. Inclined to, or adapted for, society; ready to unite with
others; fond of companions; social.
Society is no comfort to one not sociable. --Shak.
What can be more uneasy to this sociable creature
than the dry, pensive retirements of solitude?
3. Ready to converse; inclined to talk with others; not
taciturn or reserved.
4. Affording opportunites for conversation; characterized by
much conversation; as, a sociable party.
5. No longer hostile; friendly. [Obs.] --Beau. & Fl.
Sociable bird, or Sociable weaver (Zo["o]l.), a weaver
bird which builds composite nests. See Republican, n.,
Syn: Social; companionable; conversible; friendly; familiar;