Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: slippery(0.01101 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to slippery.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: being such as to cause things to slip or slide; “slippery
sidewalks”; “a slippery bar of soap”; “the streets are
still slippy from the rain” [syn: slippy] [ant: nonslippery]
2: not to be trusted; “how extraordinarily slippery a liar the
camera is”- James Agee; “they called Reagan the teflon
president because mud never stuck to him” [syn: tricky,
English → English (gcide)
Slippery \Slip"per*y\, a. [See Slipper, a.]
1. Having the quality opposite to adhesiveness; allowing or
causing anything to slip or move smoothly, rapidly, and
easily upon the surface; smooth; glib; as, oily substances
render things slippery.
2. Not affording firm ground for confidence; as, a slippery
The slippery tops of human state. --Cowley.
3. Not easily held; liable or apt to slip away.
The slippery god will try to loose his hold.
4. Liable to slip; not standing firm. --Shak.
5. Unstable; changeable; mutable; uncertain; inconstant;
fickle. “The slippery state of kings.” --Denham.
6. Uncertain in effect. --L'Estrange.
7. Wanton; unchaste; loose in morals. --Shak.
Slippery elm. (Bot.)
(a) An American tree (Ulmus fulva) with a mucilagenous
and slightly aromatic inner bark which is sometimes
used medicinally; also, the inner bark itself.
(b) A malvaceous shrub (Fremontia Californica); -- so
called on the Pacific coast.