Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: slake(0.00841 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to slake.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: satisfy (thirst); “The cold water quenched his thirst” [syn:
quench, allay, assuage]
2: make less active or intense [syn: abate, slack]
3: cause to heat and crumble by treatment with water; “slack
lime” [syn: slack]
English → English (gcide)
Slake \Slake\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Slaked; p. pr. & vb. n.
Slaking.] [OE. slaken to render slack, to slake, AS.
sleacian, fr. sleac slack. See Slack, v. & a.]
1. To allay; to quench; to extinguish; as, to slake thirst.
“And slake the heavenly fire.” --Spenser.
It could not slake mine ire nor ease my heart.
2. To mix with water, so that a true chemical combination
shall take place; to slack; as, to slake lime.
Slake \Slake\, v. i.
1. To go out; to become extinct. “His flame did slake.”
--Sir T. Browne.
2. To abate; to become less decided. [R.] --Shak.
3. To slacken; to become relaxed. “When the body's strongest
sinews slake.” [R.] --Sir J. Davies.
4. To become mixed with water, so that a true chemical
combination takes place; as, the lime slakes.
Slake trough, a trough containing water in which a
blacksmith cools a forging or tool.