Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: sicken(0.01218 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to sicken.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of; “The
pornographic pictures sickened us” [syn: disgust, revolt,
nauseate, churn up]
2: get sick; “She fell sick last Friday, and now she is in the
hospital” [syn: come down]
3: upset and make nauseated; “The smell of the foood turned the
pregnant woman's stomach”; “The mold ont he food sickened
the diners” [syn: nauseate, turn one's stomach]
4: make sick or ill; “This kind of food sickens me” English → English (gcide)
Sicken \Sick"en\, v. i.
1. To become sick; to fall into disease.
The judges that sat upon the jail, and those that
attended, sickened upon it and died. --Bacon.
2. To be filled to disgust; to be disgusted or nauseated; to
be filled with abhorrence or aversion; to be surfeited or
Mine eyes did sicken at the sight. --Shak.
3. To become disgusting or tedious.
The toiling pleasure sickens into pain. --Goldsmith.
4. To become weak; to decay; to languish.
All pleasures sicken, and all glories sink. --Pope.
Sicken \Sick"en\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Sickened; p. pr. & vb.
1. To make sick; to disease.
Raise this strength, and sicken that to death.
2. To make qualmish; to nauseate; to disgust; as, to sicken
3. To impair; to weaken. [Obs.] --Shak.