Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: shorn(0.01122 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to shorn.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears
or clippers; “picked up the baby's shorn curls from the
floor”; “naked as a sheared sheep” [syn: sheared]
English → English (gcide)
Shear \Shear\ (sh[=e]r), v. t. [imp. Shearedor Shore;p. p.
Sheared or Shorn; p. pr. & vb. n. Shearing.] [OE.
sheren, scheren, to shear, cut, shave, AS. sceran, scieran,
scyran; akin to D. & G. scheren, Icel. skera, Dan. ski?re,
Gr. ???. Cf. Jeer, Score, Shard, Share, Sheer to
1. To cut, clip, or sever anything from with shears or a like
instrument; as, to shear sheep; to shear cloth.
Note: It is especially applied to the cutting of wool from
sheep or their skins, and the nap from cloth.
2. To separate or sever with shears or a similar instrument;
to cut off; to clip (something) from a surface; as, to
shear a fleece.
Before the golden tresses . . . were shorn away.
3. To reap, as grain. [Scot.] --Jamieson.
4. Fig.: To deprive of property; to fleece.
5. (Mech.) To produce a change of shape in by a shear. See
Shear, n., 4.
p. p. of Shear.