Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: shoemaker(0.01234 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to shoemaker.
English → English (WordNet)
n : a person who makes or repairs shoes [syn: cobbler]
English → English (gcide)
Runner \Run"ner\, n. [From Run.]
1. One who, or that which, runs; a racer.
2. A detective. [Slang, Eng.] --Dickens.
3. A messenger. --Swift.
4. A smuggler. [Colloq.] --R. North.
5. One employed to solicit patronage, as for a steamboat,
hotel, shop, etc. [Cant, U.S.]
6. (Bot.) A slender trailing branch which takes root at the
joints or end and there forms new plants, as in the
strawberry and the common cinquefoil.
7. The rotating stone of a set of millstones.
8. (Naut.) A rope rove through a block and used to increase
the mechanical power of a tackle. --Totten.
9. One of the pieces on which a sled or sleigh slides; also
the part or blade of a skate which slides on the ice.
(a) A horizontal channel in a mold, through which the
metal flows to the cavity formed by the pattern;
also, the waste metal left in such a channel.
(b) A trough or channel for leading molten metal from a
furnace to a ladle, mold, or pig bed.
11. The movable piece to which the ribs of an umbrella are
12. (Zo["o]l.) A food fish (Elagatis pinnulatus) of Florida
and the West Indies; -- called also skipjack,
shoemaker, and yellowtail. The name alludes to its
rapid successive leaps from the water.
13. (Zo["o]l.) Any cursorial bird.
(a) A movable slab or rubber used in grinding or
polishing a surface of stone.
(b) A tool on which lenses are fastened in a group, for
polishing or grinding.