Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: shadowed(0.00965 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to shadowed.
English → Indonesian (quick)
bayang, bayangan, membayangi, mengiringi, naung
English → English (WordNet)
adj : filled with shade; “the shady side of the street”; “the
surface of the pond is dark and shadowed”; “we sat on
rocks in a shadowy cove”; “cool umbrageous woodlands”
[syn: shady, shadowy, umbrageous]
English → English (gcide)
Shadow \Shad"ow\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shadowed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Shadowing.] [OE. shadowen, AS. sceadwian. See adow,
1. To cut off light from; to put in shade; to shade; to throw
a shadow upon; to overspead with obscurity.
The warlike elf much wondered at this tree,
So fair and great, that shadowed all the ground.
2. To conceal; to hide; to screen. [R.]
Let every soldier hew him down a bough.
And bear't before him; thereby shall we shadow
The numbers of our host. --Shak.
3. To protect; to shelter from danger; to shroud.
Shadowing their right under your wings of war.
4. To mark with gradations of light or color; to shade.
5. To represent faintly or imperfectly; to adumbrate; hence,
to represent typically.
Augustus is shadowed in the person of [AE]neas.
6. To cloud; to darken; to cast a gloom over.
The shadowed livery of the burnished sun. --Shak.
I must not see the face O love thus shadowed.
--Beau. & Fl.
7. To attend as closely as a shadow; to follow and watch
closely, especially in a secret or unobserved manner; as,
a detective shadows a criminal.