Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: sever(0.00982 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to sever.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: set or keep apart; “sever a relationship” [syn: break up]
2: cut off from a whole; “His head was severed from his body”;
“The soul discerped from the body” [syn: discerp, lop]
English → English (gcide)
Sever \Sev"er\, v. i.
1. To suffer disjunction; to be parted, or rent asunder; to
be separated; to part; to separate. --Shak.
2. To make a separation or distinction; to distinguish.
The Lord shall sever between the cattle of Israel
and the cattle of Egypt. --Ex. ix. 4.
They claimed the right of severing in their
Sever \Sev"er\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Severed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Severing.] [OF. sevrer, severer, to separate, F. sevrer to
wean, fr. L. separare. See Separate, and cf. Several.]
1. To separate, as one from another; to cut off from
something; to divide; to part in any way, especially by
violence, as by cutting, rending, etc.; as, to sever the
head from the body.
The angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked
from among the just. --Matt. xiii.
2. To cut or break open or apart; to divide into parts; to
cut through; to disjoin; as, to sever the arm or leg.
Our state can not be severed; we are one. --Milton.
3. To keep distinct or apart; to except; to exempt.
I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in
which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall
be there. --Ex. viii.
4. (Law) To disunite; to disconnect; to terminate; as, to
sever an estate in joint tenancy. --Blackstone.