Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: set-off(0.00808 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to set-off.
English → English (gcide)
Offset \Off"set`\, n. [Off + set. Cf. Set-off.]
In general, that which is set off, from, before, or against,
1. (Bot.) A short prostrate shoot, which takes root and
produces a tuft of leaves, etc. See Illust. of
2. A sum, account, or value set off against another sum or
account, as an equivalent; hence, anything which is given
in exchange or retaliation; a set-off.
3. A spur from a range of hills or mountains.
4. (Arch.) A horizontal ledge on the face of a wall, formed
by a diminution of its thickness, or by the weathering or
upper surface of a part built out from it; -- called also
5. (Surv.) A short distance measured at right angles from a
line actually run to some point in an irregular boundary,
or to some object.
6. (Mech.) An abrupt bend in an object, as a rod, by which
one part is turned aside out of line, but nearly parallel,
with the rest; the part thus bent aside.
7. (Print.) A more or less distinct transfer of a printed
page or picture to the opposite page, when the pages are
pressed together before the ink is dry or when it is poor;
an unitended transfer of an image from one page to
another; called also setoff.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
8. See offset printing.
Offset staff (Surv.), a rod, usually ten links long, used
in measuring offsets.