Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: sentinel(0.01072 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to sentinel.
English → English (WordNet)
n : a person employed to watch for something to happen [syn: lookout,
lookout man, sentry, watch, spotter, scout, picket]
English → English (gcide)
Sentinel \Sen"ti*nel\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Sentineledor
Sentinelled; p. pr. & vb. n. Sentineling or
1. To watch over like a sentinel. “To sentinel enchanted
land.” [R.] --Sir W. Scott.
2. To furnish with a sentinel; to place under the guard of a
sentinel or sentinels.
Sentinel \Sen"ti*nel\, n. [F. sentinelle (cf. It. sentinella);
probably originally, a litle path, the sentinel's beat,, and
a dim. of a word meaning, path; cf. F. sente path. L. semita;
and OF. sentine, sentele, senteret, diminutive words. Cf.
1. One who watches or guards; specifically (Mil.), a soldier
set to guard an army, camp, or other place, from surprise,
to observe the approach of danger, and give notice of it;
The sentinels who paced the ramparts. --Macaulay.
2. Watch; guard. [Obs.] “That princes do keep due
3. (Zo["o]l.) A marine crab (Podophthalmus vigil) native of
the Indian Ocean, remarkable for the great length of its
eyestalks; -- called also sentinel crab.