Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: scowl(0.01523 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to scowl.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a facial expression of dislike or displeasure [syn: frown]
v : frown with displeasure
English → English (gcide)
Scowl \Scowl\ (skoul), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Scowled (skould);
p. pr. & vb. n. Scowling.] [Akin to Dan. skule; cf. Icel.
skolla to skulk, LG. schulen to hide one's self, D. schuilen,
G. schielen to squint, Dan. skele, Sw. skela, AS. sceolh
squinting. Cf. Skulk.]
1. To wrinkle the brows, as in frowning or displeasure; to
put on a frowning look; to look sour, sullen, severe, or
She scowled and frowned with froward countenance.
2. Hence, to look gloomy, dark, or threatening; to lower.
“The scowling heavens.” --Thomson.
Scowl \Scowl\, v. t.
1. To look at or repel with a scowl or a frown. --Milton.
2. To express by a scowl; as, to scowl defiance.
Scowl \Scowl\, n.
1. The wrinkling of the brows or face in frowing; the
expression of displeasure, sullenness, or discontent in
the countenance; an angry frown.
With solemn phiz, and critic scowl. --Lloyd.
2. Hence, gloom; dark or threatening aspect. --Burns.
A ruddy storm, whose scowl
Made heaven's radiant face look foul. --Crashaw.