Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: scantling(0.01059 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to scantling.
English → English (WordNet)
n : an upright in house framing [syn: stud]
English → English (gcide)
Scantling \Scant"ling\, a. [See Scant, a.]
Not plentiful; small; scanty. [Obs.] --Jer. Taylor.
Scantling \Scant"ling\, n. [Cf. OF. eschantillon, F.
['e]chantillon, a sample, pattern, example. In some senses
confused with scant insufficient. See Scantle, v. t.]
1. A fragment; a bit; a little piece. Specifically:
(a) A piece or quantity cut for a special purpose; a
Such as exceed not this scantling; -- to be
solace to the sovereign and harmless to the
A pretty scantling of his knowledge may taken by
his deferring to be baptized so many years.
(b) A small quantity; a little bit; not much. [Obs.]
Reducing them to narrow scantlings. --Jer.
2. A piece of timber sawed or cut of a small size, as for
studs, rails, etc.
3. The dimensions of a piece of timber with regard to its
breadth and thickness; hence, the measure or dimensions of
4. A rough draught; a rude sketch or outline.
5. A frame for casks to lie upon; a trestle. --Knight.