Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: sanguine(0.01733 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to sanguine.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: confidently optimistic and cheerful
2: inclined to a healthy reddish color often associated with
outdoor life; “a ruddy complexion”; “Santa's rubicund
cheeks”; “a fresh and sanguine complexion” [syn: rubicund,
English → English (gcide)
Sanguine \San"guine\, a. [F. sanguin, L. sanguineus, fr. sanguis
blood. Cf. Sanguineous.]
1. Having the color of blood; red.
Of his complexion he was sanguine. --Chaucer.
Like to that sanguine flower inscribed with woe.
2. Characterized by abundance and active circulation of
blood; as, a sanguine bodily temperament.
3. Warm; ardent; as, a sanguine temper.
4. Anticipating the best; cheerfully optimistic; not
desponding; confident; full of hope; as, sanguine of
success; a sanguine disposition.
Syn: Warm; ardent; lively; confident; hopeful; optimistic.
Sanguine \San"guine\, n.
1. Blood color; red. --Spenser.
2. Anything of a blood-red color, as cloth. [Obs.]
In sanguine and in pes he clad was all. --Chaucer.
3. (Min.) Bloodstone.
4. Red crayon. See the Note under Crayon, 1.
Sanguine \San"guine\, v. t.
To stain with blood; to impart the color of blood to; to