Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: rugged(0.01351 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to rugged.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: sturdy and strong in constitution or construction; enduring;
“a rugged trapper who spent months in the winderness”;
“those that survive are stalwart rugged men”; “with a
house full of boys you have to have rugged furniture”
2: topographically very uneven; “broken terrain”; “rugged
ground” [syn: broken]
3: rocky and steep [syn: craggy]
4: very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution; “a
rugged competitive examination”; “the rugged conditions of
frontier life”; “the competition was tough”; “it's a tough
life”; “it was a tough job” [syn: tough]
English → English (gcide)
Rugged \Rug"ged\, a. [See Rug, n.]
1. Full of asperities on the surface; broken into sharp or
irregular points, or otherwise uneven; not smooth; rough;
as, a rugged mountain; a rugged road.
The rugged bark of some broad elm. --Milton.
2. Not neat or regular; uneven.
His well-proportioned beard made rough and rugged.
3. Rough with bristles or hair; shaggy. “The rugged Russian
4. Harsh; hard; crabbed; austere; -- said of temper,
character, and the like, or of persons.
Neither melt nor endear him, but leave him as hard,
rugged, and unconcerned as ever. --South.
5. Stormy; turbulent; tempestuous; rude. --Milton.
6. Rough to the ear; harsh; grating; -- said of sound, style,
and the like.
Through the harsh cadence of a rugged line.
7. Sour; surly; frowning; wrinkled; -- said of looks, etc.
“Sleek o'er your rugged looks.” --Shak.
8. Violent; rude; boisterrous; -- said of conduct, manners,
9. Vigorous; robust; hardy; -- said of health, physique, etc.
Syn: Rough; uneven; wrinkled; cragged; coarse; rude; harsh;
hard; crabbed; severe; austere; surly; sour; frowning;
violent; boisterous; tumultuous; turbulent; stormy;
[1913 Webster] -- Rug"ged*ly, adv. -- Rug"ged*ness,