Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: rounding (0.01674 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to rounding.
English → Indonesian
English → English
n : (mathematics) a miscalculation that results from rounding
off numbers to a convenient number of decimals; “taxes
are rounded off to the nearest dollar but the rounding
error is surprisingly small”
[syn: rounding error
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Rounded
; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To make circular, spherical, or cylindrical; to give a
round or convex figure to; as, to round a silver coin; to
round the edges of anything.
Worms with many feet, which round themselves into
balls, are bred chiefly under logs of timber.
The figures on our modern medals are raised and
rounded to a very great perfection. --Addison.
2. To surround; to encircle; to encompass.
The inclusive verge
Of golden metal that must round my brow. --Shak.
3. To bring to fullness or completeness; to complete; hence,
to bring to a fit conclusion.
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep. --Shak.
4. To go round wholly or in part; to go about (a corner or
point); as, to round a corner; to round Cape Horn.
5. To make full, smooth, and flowing; as, to round periods in
To round in
(Naut.) To haul up; usually, to haul the slack
of (a rope) through its leading block, or to haul up (a
tackle which hangs loose) by its fall. --Totten.
(b) To collect together (cattle) by riding around them, as
on cattle ranches. [Western U.S.]
Round or nearly round; becoming round; roundish.
1. (Naut.) Small rope, or strands of rope, or spun yarn,
wound round a rope to keep it from chafing; -- called also
2. (Phonetics) Modifying a speech sound by contraction of the
lip opening; labializing; labialization. See Guide to
Pronunciation, [sect] 11.