Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: roundabout(0.01064 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to roundabout.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: marked by obliqueness or indirection in speech or conduct;
“the explanation was circuitous and puzzling”; “a
roundabout paragraph”; “hear in a roundabout way that
her ex-husband was marrying her best friend” [syn: circuitous]
2: deviating from a straight course; “a scenic but devious
route”; “a long and circuitous journey by train and boat”;
“a roundabout route avoided rush-hour traffic” [syn: devious,
n 1: a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a
central island; “the accident blocked all traffic at the
rotary” [syn: traffic circle, circle, rotary]
2: large mechanical apparatus with seats for children to ride
on [syn: carousel, carrousel, merry-go-round, whirligig]
English → English (gcide)
Roundabout \Round"a*bout`\, a.
1. Circuitous; going round; indirect; as, roundabout speech.
We have taken a terrible roundabout road. --Burke.
2. Encircling; enveloping; comprehensive. “Large, sound,
roundabout sense.” --Locke.
Roundabout \Round"a*bout`\, n.
1. A large horizontal wheel or frame, commonly with wooden
horses, etc., on which children ride; a merry-go-round; a
carousel. [British] --Smart.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
2. A dance performed in a circle. --Goldsmith.
3. A short, close jacket worn by boys, sailors, etc.
4. A state or scene of constant change, or of recurring labor
and vicissitude. --Cowper.
5. a traffic circle. [Chiefly British]