Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: retention(0.01078 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to retention.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of keeping in your possession [syn: keeping, holding]
2: the power of retaining and recalling past experience; “he
had a good memory when he was younger” [syn: memory, retentiveness]
3: the power of retaining liquid; “moisture retentivity of
soil” [syn: retentiveness, retentivity]
English → English (gcide)
Retention \Re*ten"tion\, n. [L. retentio: cf. F. r['e]tention.
1. The act of retaining, or the state of being ratined.
2. The power of retaining; retentiveness.
No woman's heart
So big, to hold so much; they lack retention.
3. That which contains something, as a tablet; a ???? of
preserving impressions. [R.] --Shak.
4. The act of withholding; retraint; reserve. --Shak.
5. Place of custody or confinement.
6. (Law) The right of withholding a debt, or of retaining
property until a debt due to the person claiming the right
be duly paid; a lien. --Erskine. Craig.
Retention cyst (Med.), a cyst produced by obstruction of a
duct leading from a secreting organ and the consequent
retention of the natural secretions.