Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: respond(0.01029 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to respond.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: show a response or a reaction to something [syn: react]
2: reply or respond to; “She didn't want to answer”; “answer
the question”; “We answered that we would accept the
invitation” [syn: answer, reply]
3: respond favorably or as hoped; “The cancer responded to the
aggressive therapy” English → English (gcide)
Respond \Re*spond"\, n.
1. An answer; a response. [R.]
2. (Eccl.) A short anthem sung at intervals during the
reading of a chapter.
3. (Arch.) A half pier or pillar attached to a wall to
support an arch. --Oxf. Gloss.
Respond \Re*spond"\ (r?*sp?nd"), v. i. [imp. & p. p.
Responded; p. pr. & vb. n. Responding.] [OF. respondre,
F. r['e]pondre, fr. L. respondere, responsum; pref. re- re- +
spondere to promise. See Sponsor.]
1. To say somethin in return; to answer; to reply; as, to
respond to a question or an argument.
2. To show some effect in return to a force; to act in
response; to accord; to correspond; to suit.
A new affliction strings a new cord in the heart,
which responds to some new note of complaint within
the wide scale of human woe. --Buckminster.
To every theme responds thy various lay. --Broome.
3. To render satisfaction; to be answerable; as, the
defendant is held to respond in damages. [U.S.]
Syn: To answer; reply; rejoin. See Reply.
Respond \Re*spond"\, v. t.
1. To answer; to reply.
2. To suit or accord with; to correspond to. [R.]
For his great deeds respond his speeches great.