Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: repent(0.01177 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to repent.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: turn away from sin or do penitence [syn: atone]
2: feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about [syn: regret,
English → English (gcide)
Repent \Re"pent\ (r?"p?nt), a. [L. repens, -entis, creeping, p.
pr. of repere to creep.]
1. (Bot.) Prostrate and rooting; -- said of stems. --Gray.
2. (Zo["o]l.) Same as Reptant.
Repent \Re*pent"\ (r?-p?nt"), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Repented; p.
pr. & vb. n. Repenting.] [F. se repentir; L. pref. re- re-
+ poenitere to make repent, poenitet me it repents me, I
repent. See Penitent.]
1. To feel pain, sorrow, or regret, for what one has done or
omitted to do.
First she relents
With pity; of that pity then repents. --Dryden.
2. To change the mind, or the course of conduct, on account
of regret or dissatisfaction.
Lest, peradventure, the people repent when they see
war, and they return to Egypt. --Ex. xiii.
3. (Theol.) To be sorry for sin as morally evil, and to seek
forgiveness; to cease to love and practice sin.
Except ye repent, ye shall likewise perish. --Luke
Repent \Re*pent"\, v. t.
1. To feel pain on account of; to remember with sorrow.
I do repent it from my very soul. --Shak.
2. To feel regret or sorrow; -- used reflexively.
My father has repented him ere now. --Dryden.
3. To cause to have sorrow or regret; -- used impersonally.
[Archaic] “And it repented the Lord that he had made man
on the earth.” --Gen. vi. 6.