Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: puffing(0.01159 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to puffing.
English → Indonesian (quick)
engahan, engap, terengah-engah
English → English (WordNet)
adj : breathing heavily [syn: huffing, puffy]
n 1: blowing tobacco smoke out into the air; “they smoked up the
room with their ceaseless puffing”
2: an act of forcible exhalation [syn: huffing, snorting]
English → English (gcide)
Puff \Puff\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Puffed (p[u^]ft); p. pr. &
vb. n. Puffing.] [Akin to G. puffen to pop, buffet, puff,
D. poffen to pop, puffen to blow, Sw. puffa to push, to cuff,
Dan. puffe to pop, thump. See Puff, n.]
1. To blow in puffs, or with short and sudden whiffs.
2. To blow, as an expression of scorn; -- with at.
It is really to defy Heaven to puff at damnation.
3. To breathe quick and hard, or with puffs, as after violent
The ass comes back again, puffing and blowing, from
the chase. --L' Estrange.
4. To swell with air; to be dilated or inflated. --Boyle.
5. To breathe in a swelling, inflated, or pompous manner;
hence, to assume importance.
Then came brave Glory puffing by. --Herbert.
a. & n. from Puff, v. i. & t.
Puffing adder. (Zo["o]l.) Same as Puff adder
(b), under Puff.
Puffing pig (Zo["o]l.), the common porpoise.