Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: proceeding(0.01303 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to proceeding.
English → English (WordNet)
n : (law) the institution of a sequence of steps by which legal
judgments are invoked [syn: legal proceeding, proceedings]
English → English (gcide)
Proceed \Pro*ceed"\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Proceeded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Proceeding.] [F. proc['e]der. fr. L. procedere,
processum, to go before, to proceed; pro forward + cedere to
move. See Cede.]
1. To move, pass, or go forward or onward; to advance; to
continue or renew motion begun; as, to proceed on a
If thou proceed in this thy insolence. --Shak.
2. To pass from one point, topic, or stage, to another; as,
to proceed with a story or argument.
3. To issue or come forth as from a source or origin; to come
from; as, light proceeds from the sun.
I proceeded forth and came from God. --John viii.
It proceeds from policy, not love. --Shak.
4. To go on in an orderly or regulated manner; to begin and
carry on a series of acts or measures; to act by method;
to prosecute a design.
He that proceeds upon other principles in his
5. To be transacted; to take place; to occur. [Obs.]
He will, after his sour fashion, tell you
What hath proceeded worthy note to-day. --Shak.
6. To have application or effect; to operate.
This rule only proceeds and takes place when a
person can not of common law condemn another by his
7. (Law) To begin and carry on a legal process.
Syn: To advance; go on; continue; progress; issue; arise;
Proceeding \Pro*ceed"ing\, n.
1. The act of one who proceeds, or who prosecutes a design or
transaction; progress or movement from one thing to
another; a measure or step taken in a course of business;
a transaction; as, an illegal proceeding; a cautious or a
The proceedings of the high commission. --Macaulay.
2. pl. (Law) The course of procedure in the prosecution of an
action at law. --Blackstone.
Proceedings of a society, the published record of its
action, or of things done at its meetings.
Syn: Procedure; measure; step, See Transaction.