Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: prescribe(0.01221 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to prescribe.
English → Indonesian (quick)
menulis resep obat
English → English (WordNet)
v : issue commands or orders for [syn: order, dictate]
English → English (gcide)
Prescribe \Pre*scribe"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Prescribed; p. pr
& vb. n. Prescribing.] [L. praescribere, praescriptum; prae
before + scriebe to write. See Scribe.]
1. To lay down authoritatively as a guide, direction, or rule
of action; to impose as a peremptory order; to dictate; to
appoint; to direct.
Prescribe not us our duties. --Shak.
Let streams prescribe their fountains where to run.
2. (Med.) To direct, as a remedy to be used by a patient; as,
the doctor prescribed quinine.
Syn: To appoint; order; command; dictate; ordain; institute;
Prescribe \Pre*scribe"\, v. i.
1. To give directions; to dictate.
A forwardness to prescribe to their opinions.
2. To influence by long use [Obs.] --Sir T. Browne.
3. (Med.) To write or to give medical directions; to indicate
remedies; as, to prescribe for a patient in a fever.
4. (Law) To claim by prescription; to claim a title to a
thing on the ground of immemorial use and enjoyment, that
is, by a custom having the force of law.