Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: preen(0.00885 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to preen.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: clean with one's bill; “The birds preened” [syn: plume]
2: pride or congratulate (oneself) for an achievement [syn: congratulate]
3: dress or groom with elaborate care; “She likes to dress when
going to the opera” [syn: primp, plume, dress]
English → English (gcide)
Preen \Preen\, v. i.
To dress up neatly and smartly; to make oneself well-groomed
2. To feel proud of one's achievement; to swell or gloat.
Preen \Preen\, n. [AS. pre['o]n a clasp, bodkin; akin to D.
priem punch, bodkin, awl, G. pfriem, Icel. prj[=o]nn a
knitting needle, pin, Dan. preen a bodkin, punch.]
A forked tool used by clothiers in dressing cloth.
Preen \Preen\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Preened; p. pr. & vb. n.
Preening.] [See Preen, n.; or cf. Prune.]
1. To dress with, or as with, a preen; to trim or dress with
the beak, as the feathers; -- said of birds. --Derham.
2. To trim up, as trees. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell.
3. Hence: To dress (oneself) carefully or stylishly; to
4. To pride (oneself) on one's accomplishments; to