Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: poule(0.01146 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to poule.
English → English (gcide)
Pool \Pool\, n. [F. poule, properly, a hen. See Pullet.]
[Written also poule.]
1. The stake played for in certain games of cards, billiards,
etc.; an aggregated stake to which each player has
contributed a snare; also, the receptacle for the stakes.
2. A game at billiards, in which each of the players stakes a
certain sum, the winner taking the whole; also, in public
billiard rooms, a game in which the loser pays the
entrance fee for all who engage in the game; a game of
skill in pocketing the balls on a pool table.
Note: This game is played variously, but commonly with
fifteen balls, besides one cue ball, the contest being
to drive the most balls into the pockets.
He plays pool at the billiard houses.
3. In rifle shooting, a contest in which each competitor pays
a certain sum for every shot he makes, the net proceeds
being divided among the winners.
4. Any gambling or commercial venture in which several
5. A combination of persons contributing money to be used for
the purpose of increasing or depressing the market price
of stocks, grain, or other commodities; also, the
aggregate of the sums so contributed; as, the pool took
all the wheat offered below the limit; he put $10,000 into
6. (Railroads) A mutual arrangement between competing lines,
by which the receipts of all are aggregated, and then
distributed pro rata according to agreement.
7. (Law) An aggregation of properties or rights, belonging to
different people in a community, in a common fund, to be
charged with common liabilities.
Pin pool, a variety of the game of billiards in which small
wooden pins are set up to be knocked down by the balls.
Pool ball, one of the colored ivory balls used in playing
the game at billiards called pool.
Pool snipe (Zo["o]l.), the European redshank. [Prov. Eng.]
Pool table, a billiard table with pockets.