Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: polling (0.00874 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to polling.
English → Indonesian
jajak pendapat, penyelidikan
English → English
n : a person active in party politics [syn: politician
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Polled
; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To remove the poll or head of; hence, to remove the top or
end of; to clip; to lop; to shear; as, to poll the head;
to poll a tree.
When he [Absalom] pollled his head. --2 Sam. xiv.
His death did so grieve them that they polled
themselves; they clipped off their horse and mule's
hairs. --Sir T.
2. To cut off; to remove by clipping, shearing, etc.; to mow
or crop; -- sometimes with off; as, to poll the hair; to
poll wool; to poll grass.
Who, as he polled off his dart's head, so sure he
That all the counsels of their war he would poll off
like it. --Chapman.
3. To extort from; to plunder; to strip. [Obs.]
Which polls and pills the poor in piteous wise.
4. To impose a tax upon. [Obs.]
5. To pay as one's personal tax.
The man that polled but twelve pence for his head.
6. To enter, as polls or persons, in a list or register; to
enroll, esp. for purposes of taxation; to enumerate one by
Polling the reformed churches whether they equalize
in number those of his three kingdoms. --Milton.
7. To register or deposit, as a vote; to elicit or call
forth, as votes or voters; as, he polled a hundred votes
more than his opponent.
And poll for points of faith his trusty vote.
8. (Law) To cut or shave smooth or even; to cut in a straight
line without indentation; as, a polled deed. See Dee? poll
To poll a jury
, to call upon each member of the jury to
answer individually as to his concurrence in a verdict
which has been rendered.
, n. [See Poll
1. The act of topping, lopping, or cropping, as trees or
2. Plunder, or extortion. [Obs.] --E. Hall.
3. The act of voting, or of registering a vote.
, a temporary structure where the voting at an
election is done; a polling place.