Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: planting(0.01114 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to planting.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of fixing firmly in place; “he ordered the planting
of policemen outside every doorway”
2: a collection of plants (trees or shrubs or flowers) in a
particular area; “the landscape architect suggested a
small planting in the northwest corner”
3: putting seeds or young plants in the ground to grow; “the
planting of corn is hard work” English → English (gcide)
Plant \Plant\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Planted; p. pr. & vb. n.
Planting.] [AS. plantian, L. plantare. See Plant, n.]
1. To put in the ground and cover, as seed for growth; as, to
2. To set in the ground for growth, as a young tree, or a
vegetable with roots.
Thou shalt not plant thee a grove of any trees.
3. To furnish, or fit out, with plants; as, to plant a
garden, an orchard, or a forest.
4. To engender; to generate; to set the germ of.
It engenders choler, planteth anger. --Shak.
5. To furnish with a fixed and organized population; to
settle; to establish; as, to plant a colony.
Planting of countries like planting of woods.
6. To introduce and establish the principles or seeds of; as,
to plant Christianity among the heathen.
7. To set firmly; to fix; to set and direct, or point; as, to
plant cannon against a fort; to plant a standard in any
place; to plant one's feet on solid ground; to plant one's
fist in another's face.
8. To set up; to install; to instate.
We will plant some other in the throne. --Shak.
Planting \Plant"ing\, n.
1. The act or operation of setting in the ground for
propagation, as seeds, trees, shrubs, etc.; the forming of
plantations, as of trees; the carrying on of plantations,
as of sugar, coffee, etc.
2. That which is planted; a plantation.
Trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord.
--Isa. lxi. 3.
3. (Arch.) The laying of the first courses of stone in a