Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: placard(0.01137 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to placard.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; “a
poster advertised the coming attractions” [syn: poster,
posting, notice, bill, card]
v 1: post in a public place
2: publicize or announce by placards [syn: bill]
English → English (gcide)
Placard \Pla*card"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Placarded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Placarding.]
1. To post placards upon or within; as, to placard a wall, to
placard the city.
2. To announce by placards; as, to placard a sale.
Placard \Pla*card"\, n. [F., fr. plaquer to lay or clap on,
plaque plate, tablet; probably from Dutch, cf. D. plakken to
paste, post up, plak a flat piece of wood.]
1. A public proclamation; a manifesto or edict issued by
All placards or edicts are published in his name.
2. Permission given by authority; a license; as, to give a
placard to do something. [Obs.] --ller.
3. A written or printed paper, as an advertisement or a
declaration, posted, or to be posted, in a public place; a
4. (Anc. Armor) An extra plate on the lower part of the
breastplate or backplate. --Planch['e].
5. [Cf. Placket.] A kind of stomacher, often adorned with
jewels, worn in the fifteenth century and later.