Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: physic(0.00840 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to physic.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a purging medicine; stimulates evacuation of the bowels
[syn: purgative, cathartic, aperient]
[also: physicking, physicked]
English → English (gcide)
Physic \Phys"ic\, n. [OE. phisike, fisike, OF. phisique, F.
physique knowledge of nature, physics, L. physica, physice,
fr. Gr. ?, fr. fysiko`s natural, from fy`sis nature, fr. ? to
produce, grow, akin to E. be. See Be, and cf. Physics,
1. The art of healing diseases; the science of medicine; the
theory or practice of medicine. “A doctor of physik.”
2. A specific internal application for the cure or relief of
sickness; a remedy for disease; a medicine.
3. Specifically, a medicine that purges; a cathartic.
4. A physician. [R.] --Shak.
Physic nut (Bot.), a small tropical American euphorbiaceous
tree (Jatropha Curcas), and its seeds, which are well
flavored, but contain a drastic oil which renders them
dangerous if eaten in large quantities.
Physic \Phys"ic\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Physiced; p. pr. & vb.
1. To treat with physic or medicine; to administer medicine
to, esp. a cathartic; to operate on as a cathartic; to
2. To work on as a remedy; to heal; to cure.
The labor we delight in physics pain. --Shak.
A mind diseased no remedy can physic. --Byron.