Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: overblow(0.01154 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to overblow.
English → English (gcide)
Overblow \O`ver*blow"\, v. i.
1. To blow over, or be subdued. [R.] --Spenser.
2. (Mus.) To force so much wind into a pipe that it produces
an overtone, or a note higher than the natural note; thus,
the upper octaves of a flute are produced by overblowing.
Overblow \O`ver*blow"\, v. t.
1. To blow away; to dissipate by wind, or as by wind.
When this cloud of sorrow's overblown. --Waller.
2. To ascribe an unwarranted importance to.
3. (Music) To blow into (a wind instrument) too strongly, so
as to produce predominantly overtones.