Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: open diapason (0.00789 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to open diapason.
English → English
Definition: open diapason
, n. [L., fr. Gr. diapasw^n (i. e., "h
dia` pasw^n chordw^n symfoni`a the concord of the first and
last notes, the octave); dia` through + pasw^n, gen. pl. of
pa^s all: cf. F. diapason. Cf. Panacea
1. (Gr. Mus.) The octave, or interval which includes all the
tones of the diatonic scale. Compare disdiapason
2. Concord, as of notes an octave apart; harmony.
The fair music that all creatures made . . .
In perfect diapason. --Milton.
3. The entire compass of tones; the entire compass of tones
of a voice or an instrument.
Through all the compass of the notes it ran,
The diapason closing full in man. --Dryden.
4. A standard of pitch; a tuning fork; as, the French normal
5. One of certain stops in the organ, so called because they
extend through the scale of the instrument. They are of
several kinds, as open diapason
, stopped diapason
, and the like.
[1913 Webster] ||