Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: onset(0.01235 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to onset.
English → Indonesian (quick)
permulaan, serangan, serbuan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the beginning or early stages; “the onset of pneumonia”
2: (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons);
“the attack began at dawn” [syn: attack, onslaught, onrush]
English → English (gcide)
Onset \On"set`\, n. [On + set.]
1. A rushing or setting upon; an attack; an assault; a
storming; especially, the assault of an army. --Milton.
The onset and retire
Of both your armies. --Shak.
Who on that day the word of onset gave.
2. A setting about; a beginning; -- used especially of
diseases or pathological symptoms. --Shak.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
There is surely no greater wisdom than well to time
the beginnings and onsets of things. --Bacon.
3. Anything set on, or added, as an ornament or as a useful
appendage. [Obs.] --Johnson.
Onset \On"set`\, v. t.
1. To assault; to set upon. [Obs.]
2. To set about; to begin. [Obs.] --Carew.